Established in 1969, Peter Harrington has become one of the leading rare books firms in the world.
With a stock of fine books from the fifteenth to twentieth century, in a broad range of subjects, we have – over the past few years – sourced and sold some outstanding items. These include
- James Joyce, Ulysses, one of 100 copies on Dutch paper, in the original wrappers
- Shakespeare first folio, 1623
- Samuel de Champlain’s very rare Les Voyages du Sieur de Champlain Xaintongeois (Paris, 1613); a pioneering work in ethnography with the first accurate mapping of the New England coast
- Virginia Woolf’s pocket engagement diaries for eight years including that for the final year of her life
- The publisher’s copy of Mark Twain’s Huckleberry Finn; “the first copy ever bound”, with a unique autograph draft of Clemens’s unused dedication
Our customer service includes not only sales advice but commission bidding at auctions, library projects and others. We regularly produce fully-illustrated catalogues featuring our newest acquisitions. Each entry is fully described and carries our unconditional guarantee. We provide both domestic and international shipping and accept all major credit cards.